Over the last few years, we have stayed at all the hotels at Sun City. Here’s some quick facts to help you decide which hotel is perfect for you, and a mini guide to booking your next holiday.
How to book at Sun City Resort
You can book at any of their four hotels via the Sun International website, via international booking sites like Booking.com or call their reservations team and request assistance.
MVG member? If yes, you probably already know that you can secure discounted hotel rates at Sun City. If not, this is Sun International’s loyalty programme. Sign up to collect points or secure discounted rates depending on your level.
TIP: We often see great specials offered by Flight Centre South Africa as well as Daddy’s Deals, so compare rates before booking to ensure that you score the best deal.
Fast facts about the different hotels at Sun City
- The CABANAS are the most affordable and caters well for families. Whilst the rooms are smaller, the hotel overlooks the dam and has great views of the gardens. This hotel has a lovely pool and an inviting pool bar. At the Cabanas, you can play outdoor putt-putt, and an array of water sports.
- The SOHO hotel is where the casino, bars and club are situated in the resort. The rooms are slightly bigger and the decor classical and modern. The hotel overlooks the golf course and has a huge swimming pool.
- The grounds surrounding the CASCADES hotel are tranquil with waterfalls and tall trees. The decor is also classical, and the rooms okay but the breakfast views here are the best. One advantage to staying at the Cascades is that the Valley of the Waves is short walk away and it is central to everything.
- The PALACE is exclusive to guests only unless you dining at their restaurants. The rooms have a regal vibe if you like that vibe. It also overlooks and has direct access to the Valley of the Waves. It’s often the most expensive.
- The SUN VACATION CLUB are the timeshare units at Sun City. Phase 1 was renovated not too long ago and we love it here. You can buy a unit, rent the units privately or contact Sun International to find out how to access it via them. They are self-catering with full kitchens and caters well for families, or groups of friends. They also have braai facilities and are services everyday. There are 2 and 3 bedroom units that sleep 6 or 8 people.
Things you need to know before you visit Sun City
- Each hotel has its own swimming pool.
- If you are staying at the resort or the timeshare unites, regardless of where you staying, the rate includes access to the Valley of the Waves.
- Once you’ve parked your car and all settled, make use of the shuttle buses to get to and from the different hotels, entertainment centre and Valley of the Waves.
- More often than not, all hotel rates include breakfast. Make sure to check this when booking and comparing rates on different sites.
- The entertainment centre or Sun Central has a host of restaurants and fast food chains so there is no need to carry food.
- Please carry cash to be used as a deposit to get towels at the Valley of the Waves, etc as they don’t take cards. (based on our stay in November 2020).
What do we love most about Sun City resorts?
- It’s only 2 hours from Johannesburg, and once you arrive you feel like you in another world.
- We absolutely love the Valley of the Waves. The slides, lazy river ride, and of course the wave pool. And when we need some quiet time, the pool at the Royal Baths are perfect.
- Watersports and outdoor putt putt for when we not at the pool.
- At night, the bars and clubs. We love a good party.
- The Grill Room serves the best steaks at the Palace. And if you on a budget, there are so many options to choose from at Sun Central.
- Poolside service at the pools. This is the life!!!
- Sun City has such an amazing vibe. We can’t get enough it!!! 🙂
Check out our recent vlog on our stay at Sun City…
We stayed at the timeshare unit when we vlogged our stay. Unfortunately Covid was still a risk at the time, so we weren’t able to vlog as much as we wanted to. Hope it gives you an idea!!! Please subscribe to our channel for more.