Accommodation and restaurants
- You will be surprised how fully booked a little coastal town can get. Book early so you have choice in terms of holiday accommodation.
- It is a coastal village, so there aren’t fancy hotel groups, but a number of B&B’s and holiday homes.
- Spend at least two full days in Paternoster.
- There are chalets and campsites at the Cape Columbine Nature Reserve if this suits your style and budget.
- Everyone seems to have pets so if you allergic or don’t like pets, please enquire before booking.
What you need to know before you go
- Nothings beats being right on the beach. But the beach can be seen and easily accessed from most places in Paternoster.
- Choose restaurants with views for dinner. That way you don’t miss out on the amazing sunset.
- Their restaurants are popular, and of course the best ones get booked out. Therefore secure bookings in advance.
- The lighthouse at the Cape Columbine Nature Reserve is only accessible on weekdays.
- Stop by the Tourism Office for a map of the town, and enquire about new places and things to do.
- Don’t buy endangered seafood from street vendors.
What to pack
- It is warm in the day; don’t forget your hat, sunnies and beachwear. And it does get quite chilly at night even in Summer so pack accordingly.
For our favourite things to do in Paternoster, read here: