3 day itinerary – Midlands Meander
- Have breakfast at the Shongweni Farmers and Craft Market. Open every Saturday. Confirm trading hours on their site.
- Take a scenic drive to the Valley of a Thousand Hills.
- Visit the beautiful Howick Falls, where you can buy curios and gifts.
- If you an adrenalin junkie, you may want to canopy tour at Karkloof Falls.
- Drive along the R103 for breathtaking views of the Midlands.
- The Nelson Mandela Capture Site and Museum is one of the most historic sites in the Midlands and you don’t want to miss it!
- Visit Piggly Wiggly for lunch and browse the cute little shops and goods for sale.
- Never seen a boarding school before? Go to Michaelhouse and ask if you can have a look around.
- We heard Swissland cheese is worth a visit. But we were in a sedan and it was pouring with rain, and it was offroad. We didn’t want to take any chances.
- Drive along Nottingham Road.
- Stopover at the Blueberry Cafe for the best blueberry cheesecake ever!
- If you a culinary enthusiast, you may want to have lunch at the Midlands Kitchen.